Everton Football Club
T: 0151 556 1878
GROUND REGULATIONS 2018/2019
These Ground Regulations are issued by Everton Football Club Company Limited (the 'Club'), a company registered in England with company number 36624, registered office Goodison Park, Goodison Road, Liverpool L4 4EL, telephone number 0151 556 1878, fax number 0151 286 9119, e-mail using the URL http://www.evertonfc.com/functional/contact-us and VAT registration number GB 163 6673 45.
Unless otherwise stated, all defined terms shall be as defined in the Ticket Terms & Conditions available from the Club upon request and at evertonfc.com/tickets/termsandconditions.
1) The Club management reserves the right of admission to the Stadium. Refused entry to (or ejection from) the Stadium may lead to further action by the Club including, but not limited to, the withdrawal of any season ticket (without reimbursement), Club Membership and other benefits. On no account will admission be granted to a person who is the subject of a current Domestic Banning Order under the Football Spectators Act 1989 (as amended) or has been convicted of ticket touting offences under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (as amended).
2) All matches will be played in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Football Association and the Football League/FA Premier League and the Laws of the Game, and with such rules and regulations as the Club may make from time to time.
3) Play cannot be guaranteed to take place on any particular day or at any particular time and the Club management reserves the right to change its advertised fixtures without notice and liability.
4) In the event of a match being postponed or abandoned, any refund of admission charge will be at the sole discretion of the Club management or in accordance with the Club’s Customer Charter and must be made in accordance with the time limitations for such refund, the details of which are obtainable from the Everton Fan Centre. Persons entering the Stadium are advised to retain their ticket stub, as this may be required to be produced at a later date.
5) The Club management also reserves the right to refuse admission to the Stadium to, or to eject from the Stadium, any person who refuses to be searched by any steward, servant or agent of the Club or any Police officer.
6) Areas exclusively for the use of home or visiting supporters are clearly marked and any supporter attempting to enter the wrong area will be refused admission, or if found within the wrong area, may be ejected from the Stadium.
7) All persons entering the Stadium must pay for admission or hold a valid match ticket/season card. Persons issued with a ticket for a specific seat must occupy that seat unless instructed otherwise by a steward or other authorised agent of the Club.
8) Fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, laser devices, air horns, knives, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles, dangerous or hazardous items, and any articles that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety are not permitted within the Stadium. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry or ejected from the Stadium.
9) Bottles of any description may not be taken into seated viewing areas of the Stadium.
10) The moving from one area of the Stadium to another without the permission of a Steward, Police Officer or other authorised agent of the Club is strictly forbidden.
11) The use of threatening, foul or abusive language or behaviour is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Stadium. The Club may impose a ban for one or more matches and/or the removal of season ticket(s) and/or Club membership for any such behaviour.
12) Racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Stadium. Any person receiving an Official Caution or found guilty in a Court of Law of an offence involving racist behaviour or abuse against any spectator, official or player will be banned for an indefinite period from all future football matches at the Stadium.
13) Under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985 (as amended), the following are offences for which a person can be arrested by a police officer and conviction could result in a Domestic Banning Order being issued: -
a) attempting to enter the Stadium or being inside the Stadium whilst drunk; and/or
b) being in possession of any intoxicating liquor, controlled or illegal substances, or any article (or part of an article) such as a bottle, can or other portable container used for holding such liquor, when entering the Stadium or in a public area of the Stadium from which the event can be directly viewed.
The list above is a non-exhaustive list.
14) The following are offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991, as amended by the Football (Offences and Disorder) Act 1999, and conviction may result in a Banning Order, Court and/or Club ban being made:
a) the throwing of any object within the Stadium without lawful authority or excuse;
b) the chanting of anything of an indecent or racist nature;
c) the use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language; and/or
d) the entry onto the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse.
15) On no account will admission be granted to a person who is the subject of a current Banning Order under the Football Spectators Act 1989 (as amended) or has been convicted of ticket touting offences under the Criminal Justice and Public Order 1994 (as amended).
16) Any person who is convicted of a criminal offence committed whilst on the way to or returning from a match involving the Club which is likely, in the reasonable opinion of the Club, to bring football or the Club into disrepute, shall permit the Club to ban that person from all future matches or other events at the Stadium for such period of time as the Club deems appropriate.
17) The Club reserves the right to impose a ban on any person receiving an Official Caution or found guilty in a Court of Law of an offence involving racist, homophobic or sectarian behaviour. Any failure by any person to adhere to these Ground Regulations, or who has been ejected from the Stadium, shall permit the Club to ban such person from attending future matches or any events at the Stadium or USM Finch Farm.
18) Smoking (including electronic cigarettes, vaping or any other smoking devices) is prohibited in ALL parts of the Stadium. Anyone found in breach of this rule will be subject to the Club’s disciplinary procedures WHICH MAY RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE STADIUM AND/OR LEAD TO POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION BY THE CLUB INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY SEASON TICKET (WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT) AND OTHER BENEFITS.
19) PERSISTANT STANDING IN SEATED AREAS WHILST PLAY IS IN PROGRESS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AND COULD RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE STADIUM, WHICH MAY LEAD TO POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION BY THE CLUB INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY SEASON TICKET (WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT) AND OTHER BENEFITS.
20) The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places at all times are strictly forbidden. The climbing of stands or any other structures within the Stadium is strictly forbidden. Any person who persistently contravenes this Regulation will be ejected from the Stadium.
21) Unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radio sets, mega phones and behaviour likely to cause confusion or annoyance to any person is not permitted in any part of the Stadium without prior [written] approval from the Club.
22) Flags and/or banners larger than those with dimensions of 2m x 1m and/or of an offensive nature are not permitted in the Stadium.
23) Any person found damaging or defacing the property of the Club will be prosecuted.
24) Anyone who is guilty of insulting or improper conduct towards the match officials will be removed from the Stadium.
25) Any spectator who leaves the Stadium for any purpose during a certified event, or anytime when the hospitality lounges are open may not be re-admitted to any part of the Stadium unless duly authorised by a steward.
26) Tickets are not transferable and may not be offered for sale without the prior written permission of the Club or otherwise in accordance with the relevant ticket terms and conditions. Any tickets that are transferred are transferred subject to these Ground Regulations. Any tickets offered for sale may be confiscated by any steward, officer of the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to or eject from the Ground and/or “blacklist” any person who has offered for sale or transferred his/her ticket in contravention of the relevant ticket terms and conditions (and/or the holder of any ticket that has been transferred in contravention of the relevant ticket terms and conditions). Tickets remain the property of the Club at all times.
27) Save as set out in paragraph 28 below, no person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may capture, log, record, transmit, play, issue, show or otherwise communicate (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material, information or data ('Material') in relation to the Match, any players or other persons present in the Stadium and/or the Ground, nor may they bring into the Stadium or use within the Stadium (or provide to, facilitate or otherwise assist another person to use within the Stadium) any equipment or technology which is capable of capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing or otherwise communicating (by digital or other means) any such Material. Copyright, database rights and any other intellectual property rights in any unauthorised recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future rights) to the Club and The Premier League. You further agree (if and whenever required to do so by the Club and/or The Premier League) to promptly execute all instruments and do all things necessary to vest the right, title and interest in such rights to the Club and The Premier League absolutely and with full title guarantee.
28) Mobile telephones and other mobile devices are permitted within the Stadium PROVIDED THAT (i) they are used for personal and private use only (which, for the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, shall not include the capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing, or any other communication of any Material for any commercial purposes); and (ii) no Material that is captured by a mobile telephone or other mobile device may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.
29) Only persons specifically authorised in writing by the Club management are permitted to bring into the Stadium any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials save in respect of official club merchandise and/or other football related clothing worn in good faith. Nor may any persons offer (either for free or for sale) or distribute on Club premises any newspaper, magazine, advertising material or other literary article of any nature without the express written approval of the Club’s management.
30) CCTV cameras are in use around and in the Stadium. Body worn cameras recording video and/or audio may also be used as appropriate, to record images or audio which identifies you as an individual, for example to record prohibited behaviours as referenced above. The Club may itself use or pass to the Police or any Football Authority, any recordings for use in any proceedings.
31) The section of the Stadium reserved for visiting supporters will be utilised for that purpose only unless the Club decides otherwise after consultation with the Police and Local Authority.
32) Only those lotteries promoted and conducted on behalf of the Club are permitted inside the Stadium.
33) Persons failing to comply with instructions from a steward, police officer, or other authorised agent of the club will be ejected from the ground.
34) All ticket holders agree that Matches for which the tickets have been purchased are public and that their appearance and actions inside and in the perimeter of the Ground where a Match occurs are public in nature, and that they shall have no expectation of privacy with regard to their actions or conduct at Matches.
35) By entering the Stadium, all persons are acknowledging that photographic images and/or recordings (and/or stills taken from video recordings) may be taken of them and may also be used, by way of example and without limitation, in televised coverage of the match or by or on behalf of the Club or any Football Authority (or their commercial partners) for marketing, training, or promotional purposes. Entry into the Stadium is confirmation that all persons have consented to such use of their image. If these images should feature an individual prominently the Club will make reasonable efforts to gain the consent of that person before publishing such images, however, if this is not possible, then entry into the Stadium shall be deemed consent unless the Club is notified in writing to the contrary.
36) Further to paragraph 31, if such person is under 18 years of age, the parent, guardian or responsible adult who is accompanying them into the Stadium shall be deemed to have provided consent on their behalf.
37) The Club is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the Club’s breach of these Ground Regulations or if it was contemplated at the time the contract was formed.
38) Except as otherwise set out in these Ground Regulations, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Club shall not have any liability in respect of any liability, loss and/or damage caused by any circumstances outside the Club’s reasonable control.
39) Irrespective of any other terms of these Ground Regulations, the Club does not seek to exclude or limit its liability: (a) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (b) for death or personal injury, caused by the Club’s negligence or the negligence of any of its officers, employees or agents; or (c) under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or (d) for any other matter for which it is not possible to exclude or limit liability by law.
40) PERSONS ARE ADMITTED TO THIS STADIUM SUBJECT TO THEIR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE GROUND REGULATIONS AND THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION AND THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE/FA PREMIER LEAGUE. ENTRY TO THE STADIUM SHALL CONSTITUTE THEIR UNQUALIFIED ACCEPTANCE.
41) THE CLUB MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT FOR ITS SERVANTS, AGENTS AND POLICE TO REMOVE FROM THIS STADIUM ANY PERSON WHO DOES NOT COMPLY WITH ALL THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, OR WHOSE PRESENCE WITHIN THE STADIUM IS, OR COULD REASONABLY BE CONSTRUED AS CONSTITUTING, A SOURCE OF DANGER, NUISANCE OR ANNOYANCE TO ANY OTHER PERSON.